Autumn is here and apples are in full swing. This apple cake is different from the usual as it contains neither flour nor sugar.
In order to make this apple cake you will need apples, oat flour, almond flour (i get mine from lifetree.gr), sugar substitute (I use monk fruit sugar that I also get from lifetree.gr), eggs, butter or coconut oil, maple syrup or honey, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and some chopped almonds.
If you like this recipe, you can also try one of the following:
Flourless Apple Cake
- In a bowl, mix the butter with the sugar substitute and the maple syrup.
- In another bowl, mix the oat flour, almond flour, cinnamon, eggs, baking powder and salt. Pour in the above mixture as well. Stir it up.
- If you want, add an apple to your mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a baking tray and place apple slices and the chopped almonds on top.
- Put in a preheated oven at 180C for 40-50 minutes.
- Cover your pan if it looks like it's going to grab the cake from above.
Did you make the recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook. here.