The lunch boxes are back and I'm very happy about it. This time I made fajitas with mushrooms and a divine sauce that will make your day at the office.
Fajitas are usually made in the oven and are drier. In this recipe I also added an easy, quick sauce to them so that they are not too dry and I did not put them in tortillas but accompanied them with rice.
To make mushroom fajitas you will need: peppers of all colors, mushrooms, onion and nothing else.
As for the sauce, you can prepare it in 2-3 minutes. You will need: soy sauce, sesame oil, vegetable stock, peanut butter, rice vinegar, honey or maple syrup, some ginger, garlic, cornstarch and some red pepper.
If you like this recipe, you can also try one of the following:
Fajitas with Mushrooms
- 3 peppers in sticks
- 200 gr. mushrooms
- 1 onion
- salt and black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 4 tsp taco seasoning
- 150 γρ parboiled brown rice
for the sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- red pepper
- Start by boiling your rice in salted water.
- In the meantime, chop your vegetables. Put a little olive oil in a wok or non-stick pan.
- Once heated, add the vegetables, peppers, onion and mushrooms. Cook until done.
- Prepare your sauce too. Put all the ingredients in a jar and beat well.
- Pour the sauce into the wok and stir until the sauce thickens (which will thicken almost immediately).
- Your food is ready.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook ..