It's fluffy, it's soft, it has a great orange flavor and orange aroma, while the yogurt makes it very light. This cake has it all!
*Recipe first made April 2021. Recipe and photos updated June 2023.3.
I personally love the scent of orange. Is one of my favorites. And I really like to use it in my baking too.
This cake is very easy to make. All you need is a large bowl and a spoon to mix everything by hand.
The ingredients you will need to make it are:
Flour I haven't tried the recipe with any flour other than all purpose flour. You can certainly use whole wheat flour, but the cake will be much tougher.
Baking soda and baking powder
Orange juice and zest
Video that you may also like
Yogurt Orange Cake Without Sugar
- 200 gr. flour
- 150 gr. sugar substitute of your choice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 240 gr. yogurt
- 60 ml. orange juice
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Start by putting the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, orange zest, vanilla and sugar substitute in a bowl. Mix lightly and add the rest of the ingredients. Add olive oil, yogurt, orange juice. Stir but don't overdo it. Once all the ingredients are combined, pour them into a mold or pan of your choice.
- Keep in mind that the cake will double in size during baking.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Grease your pan with butter. Pour in the mixture and spread it evenly. Bake for 30 minutes and insert a knife to see if it comes out clean. If it doesn't come out clean, continue to bake and check every 5 minutes. If you put your cake in a small container, know that it takes longer to make.
- If you see that the top is starting to seize just cover with a piece of aluminum foil and continue baking. Once removed from the oven, allow the cake to cool completely before cutting.
- If you want, sprinkle the surface with powdered sugar.
Do not forget, if you make any of my recipes, to upload it on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) or DM me your photos in Facebook or Instagram.