Eggplant is one of the vegetables that can perfectly replace meat as it is very similar in color to it. You can see this very easily by looking at the photos below. Eggplant burgers are incredibly reminiscent of classic burgers. Right?
When I made them for the first time a few days ago, Alex told me that if I hadn't told him they were made of eggplant, he wouldn't have understood.
So, make them yourself and enjoy them with baked potatoes, rice, pasta or even in a sandwich or burger. They are amazing and super easy.
What ingredients will you need to make the easiest eggplant burgers?
Eggplant, breadcrumbs and grated yellow cheese. If you are vegan then you can use nutritional yeast or some vegan grated yellow cheese of your choice.
How will you cook them?
You can cook them in two ways. You can either pass them through a non-stick pan for 3-4 minutes until they get colored up and down, or you can put them in the oven and bake them at 200 C for 15 minutes. Halfway through, just don't forget to turn them over.
What should you watch out for?
Before making your burgers, put them in the fridge for 30 minutes. This is a step you should not skip. You will be able to shape them much better that way.
If you like this eggplant recipe, you can also try one of the following:
- Start by dicing your eggplant. In a non-stick wok pan, pour 1 tbsp. olive oil and as soon as it heats up, throw in your eggplants.
- Stir for 3-4 minutes and then add hot water (about 1/3 cup) and continue cooking until the eggplants are soft. Add salt, pepper, oregano and thyme.
- Once all the liquid has been absorbed, put the eggplant cubes in a bowl. Add the breadcrumbs and the grated cheese.
- Mix and with a spoon or fork press the eggplants to integrate with the rest of the ingredients. Use your hands for an even better result.
- Put in the fridge for 30 minutes. Remove from the fridge and form your burgers. Bake either in a non-stick pan for 3-4 minutes or in the oven at 200 C for 15 minutes. Halfway through the time, turn your burgers over to get color on both sides.
Did you make the recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook. here.