Pappardelle with 3-ingredient leek sauce! And it does and it is also divine. It is prepared in 11 minutes (as long as the pappardelle want to boil) and you can make it in two variations.
What do I mean by "two variants"? I personally love leeks and can eat them any way they are cooked. However, Alexander and Maximus do not want to see each other. Alexander can eat them if they are in a pie if they are in a recipe but they are not visible. Maximos, on the other hand, does not eat them at all (and he also has the "gift" to dig them out of pies, meatballs, from anywhere).
However, in the way I have shown you below, he does not understand them and eats them with great appetite. How is this possible? After I normally make the leek sauce for myself, I put all the ingredients and some water in the blender and make a wonderful, green leek sauce which I mix with the pasta and everyone eats it with great pleasure. And without having to cook different food for me and different food for the rest of the family. 🙂
Of course you can replace the pappardelle with whatever pasta you like.
Add grated cheese of your choice (vegan or not).
The recipe definitely needs salt and spices such as black pepper, chili powder, oregano, thyme, smoked paprika. Taste and add whatever else you like for seasoning.
Instead of corn flour, you can add the same amount of flour to the sauce to thicken it.
If you like this recipe with leeks, you can also try some of the following:
Νote: Calories refer to leek sauce and are for one serving.
Pappardelle with 3 Ingredients Leek Sauce
- 5 leeks (only the white part)
- 10 tbsp coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- spice mix
- shredded cheese (vegan or not) (if you want)
- 320 gr. pappardelle
- Start by boiling the pappardelle in salted water according to the instructions on the package.
- At the same time prepare your sauce. Pour the olive oil into a non-stick pan or wok. Once hot, add the leeks. Sauté for 5-6 minutes. Add the coconut milk and corn flour. Add your spices too. Mix well. for another 1-2 minutes and set aside.
- First way of serving: If you like leeks, simply serve your pasta with the leek sauce as it is.
- Second way of serving: If you are not crazy about leeks, pour the sauce into the blender and add a little water. Whisk well until you have a smooth, lump-free green leek sauce. Toss your pasta with the sauce and serve with grated cheese.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.