Whenever I know that I will have very busy mornings (and they are often lately) I prepare these brownie baked oats in the evening so that I have breakfast ready for at least 2-3 days.
When I wake up in the morning and want to eat breakfast, I simply heat up a piece or two (depending on appetite) and enjoy a hot, sweet breakfast quickly and easily. The recipe is very simple and does not require special skills in the kitchen. Just put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix.
To make the brownie baked oats you will need: oat flakes, cocoa, honey or maple syrup if you are vegan, almond milk (or another plant-based milk), peanut butter (or another nut butter), baking powder, flaxseed (or chia seeds), salt and chocolate chips (sugar-free if you can find them easily or the classic commercially available ones).
If you have an issue with gluten you can replace the oats with gluten-free oats.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Brownie Baked Oats
- 470 ml (2 cups) almond milk
- 170 gr. (1/2 cup) honey or maple syrup
- 85 gr. (1/3 cup) peanut butter
- 2 cup oats
- 25 gr. (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- chocolate chips
- All you have to do is throw all the ingredients into a bowl. Mix and transfer to a greased pan.
- The smaller the pan, the thicker it will be. And of course it will need more baking. My pan is 15x22 cm.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 30-35 minutes.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.