We have drunk it countless times in wine bars during the winter months as well as in many foreign countries that serve it even on the streets. Easily make mulled wine at home and enjoy it with or without company.
So, I prepared for Netflix evenings at home wonderful, mulled wine with the simplest ingredients that you will find even in the smallest supermarket.
This naturally carbonated natural mineral water AQUA Carpatica which does not contain any nitrates makes the wine even tastier and healthier.
Ideal for cosy nights at home.
- 2/3 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- 1 cup naturally carbonated natural mineral water AQUA Carpatica
- 2 lemons cut in slices
- 2 oranges cut in slices
- 6 cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 750 ml red dry wine
- 1/4 cup brandy
- In a small saucepan over high heat, mix the sugar with the carbonated water until it melts. Set the pot aside.
- Pour the wine, lemon and orange slices, cloves, cinnamon sticks and brandy into a larger saucepan.
- Leave the pot on low heat for 30 minutes. You don't want your wine to boil. Set aside and add the sugar mixture. Stir, strain and serve.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook ..