The easiest, most delicious and nutritious orange pasta sauce with 4 hidden vegetables is here waiting for you to try it.
After the red sauce and the white sauce with the hidden vegetables I've made for you before, I thought I'd make an orange sauce to go with your pasta.
To make it you will need carrots, red peppers, onion and cauliflower. If you want you can add garlic and the 4 vegetables become 5.
The result is amazing and you can even save the leftover sauce in the freezer to have it ready for next time.
Instead of coconut milk, you can put in your recipe some almond milk or even regular milk if you are not vegan.
Instead of grated vegan cheese you can use nutritional yeast or cheese of your choice if you are not vegan.
Start by adding 1/4 cup water from the cooked pasta and see if your sauce needs more to be moderately thick and not too thick like a soup.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Mushroom Stroganoff | Creamy & Light
The Lightest Pastitsio in the World | Vegan
Traditional Irish Oven Baked Leek Soup
Vegan Vegetable Spring Rolls | The Perfect Movie Snack
Orange Pasta Sauce with 4 Hidden Veggies
- 4 carrots
- 1 onion cut in 4
- 2 red peppers
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- theme, oregano, paprika
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp vegan shredded cheese
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 water from the boiled pasta
- 340 gr. pasta of your choice
- Start by spreading all the vegetables on non-stick paper in a baking dish. Pour salt, spices and olive oil and bake at 200 C for 35-40 minutes. Stir halfway through.
- Meanwhile, boil your pasta in salted water according to the instructions on the package.
- Drain them and keep some of the water.
- Pour the vegetables, coconut milk, lemon juice, salt, grated cheese and water from the boiled pasta into the blender. Knock. See if more water is needed.
- Transfer the amount you want to a saucepan and pour in the boiled pasta. Stir and enjoy.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.