One of the tastiest soups I've ever tasted. Traditional Irish leek soup that has everything but calories.
You will need the simplest ingredients to prepare it with leek, potato and onion as the main ingredients. It's also perfect for dinner with some homemade croutons or a slice of toasted bread.
Basically, the ingredient that does the magic and makes this soup super creamy without the use of cream is the potato which can turn any soup into an incredibly creamy one.
How to store leek soup?
It can be kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. And because it does not contain any dairy products, you can also put it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Tomato soup with Feta Cheese
Vgean Pumpkin Soup with Oven Baked Veggies
Traditional Irish Leek Soup
- 2 leeks
- 1 onion cut in 4
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 potatoes cut in cubes
- 4 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp thyme
- black pepper
- 1 scoop Amino Animo protein
- Start by throwing all the vegetables in a baking dish. Add the olive oil, mix, add salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, paprika and bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes at 180C.
- Μεταφέρετε στο μπλέντερ, προσθέστε και το νερό ή τον ζωμό λαχανικών και την πρωτεϊνη αμυγδάλου και χτυπήστε τα υλικά μέχρι να αποκτήσετε μια τέλεια βελουτέ πρασόσουπα.
- Enjoy with homemade croutons or toasted bread.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook ..