Hot, cozy, nutritious and very very delicious is this very easy vegan pumpkin soup made with baked vegetables.
Pumpkin, cherry tomatoes, onion and garlic are baked in the oven and then blended in a blender with a few other ingredients. This pumpkin soup has a slightly sweet flavor and goes perfectly with warm toasted bread or croutons.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Vegan Oven Baked Soup | 211 Calories
The best vegan potato-leek soup with 343 calories
Of course you can also take it to the office with some homemade croutons and enjoy it during your break. To make the croutons, simply cut 1-2 slices of bread into bites, brush them with a little olive oil, add salt, pepper, oregano, chili, smoked paprika and bake for 10-15 minutes in the oven until they become crispy.
Vegan Pumpkin Soup
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion cut in 4
- 2-3 garlic clove
- 1/2 small pumpkin
- 400 gr. cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- If your pumpkin is frozen like mine was, put it directly in a baking tray and bake it for 10 minutes at 180 C. Take the pan out of the oven and add the cherry tomatoes, onion and garlic, olive oil and salt and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
- If the pumpkin is not frozen, bake it all together for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour into the blender along with the coconut milk, hot water or vegetable stock, maple syrup or honey and cinnamon. Beat and divide into plates.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook ..