Looking for alternative flourless pizza recipes? Well, I have one for you. Pizza with mushroom base and toppings of your choice. No flour, no oil, no butter! Only with simple ingredients that we all have at home.
Perfect for a light lunch or dinner. Of course, this particular pizza does not taste like the classic pizzas with a bread base, but it is equally delicious, very light, very healthy and very nutritious.
To prepare the base you will need to chop mushrooms of your choice and mix them with an egg and grated cheese.
As for the toppings, just make sure they are not heavy. Otherwise you will have to eat your pizza with a fork as the base is quite thin and cannot support too much weight. On my pizza I just put tomato sauce, grated cheese and a few slices of tomato on top.
How many calories does the whole pizza have?
The entire pizza crust has 282 calories. With my toppings the whole pizza comes to 462 calories.
If you like this pizza recipe you can also make one of the following too:
Vegan Pizza with Broccoli Pesto
Pizza with Mushroom Crust
for the base:
- 250 gr. mushrooms of your choice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded yellow cheese of choice
for the toppings
- 1-2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded yellow cheese
- 3-4 tomato
- We start by chopping the mushrooms. Mix them with the egg and grated cheese and add a little salt if you want.
- Transfer to a baking tray and spread the base. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the base cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread the tomato sauce, grated cheese and tomato slices or whatever you like on the base. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until the cheese is practically melted. Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes and then cut it into pieces.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.