A sugar-free lemon pie that will become your new favorite. With a wonderful biscuit base and a lemon cream that will blow your mind.
You may be surprised by its color, as it should be yellow, like a lemon. In this particular recipe, however, I used coconut sugar which gave the lemon pie that brownish color.
However, this does not change its taste at all. If you choose to make it with monk fruit sugar, erythritol or stevia (sugar substitutes that are white in color) its color will be the classic yellow of lemon pie.
Τhe base is made of oat biscuits from Vitafree which are sugar free.
The filling has an amazing lemon flavor and is very easy to prepare with the simplest ingredients.
Instead of coconut sugar in the recipe I used, you can use any sugar substitute you like, such as stevia, monk fruit sugar, or erythritol.
If you like this recipe you can also try the 3-ingredient chocolate dessert..
Sugar Free Lemon Pie
for the base
- 110 gr. melted butter
- 1 and 1/4 cup oat biscuits from Vitafree
for the filling
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 και 1/2 cup (300 gr) coconut sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cup (280 ml) coconut milk
- 6 tbsp corn flour
- Start by mixing the melted butter with the crushed biscuits in a bowl. Once they are well mixed, transfer the mixture to the form of your choice. The smaller the form, the thicker your dessert will be.
- Spread the base well and refrigerate until you prepare the filling.
- Pour all the ingredients for the filling into a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until completely thickened and then pour the filling over the base.
- Spread it well and put it in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 180C. Let the lemon pie cool and then put it in the fridge for 2-3 hours or even overnight.
- Serve with lemon zest.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.