The perfect dinner? It could also be the perfect lunch if paired with a seasonal salad. These super healthy and delicious rice-free stuffed peppers are the perfect summer food.
One of my favorite ways to get lentils into my diet even in the summer. Easily make the most perfect stuffing for your peppers and enjoy the perfect summer food.
What's inside the peppers?
Lentils, quinoa, vegan cream cheese (needed for the filling to "set"), a little tomato sauce, salt, black pepper, a little paprika and thyme.
Instead of peppers you can fill tomatoes. The result is just as delicious. But they will need a little more roasting.
Instead of vegan cream cheese you can put regular cream cheese or the same amount of tahini. It will also "bind" the filling.
Instead of tomato sauce, you can use tomato paste or even ketchup.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Rice-Free Stuffed Peppers
- 12 green peppers
- 1/2 cup raw lentils
- 1/2 cup raw quinoa
- 2 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- black pepper
- Start by boiling the lentils in salted water for about 30 minutes. Drain them. In another pot, put the quinoa together with 1.5 cup water. Boil for 10-15 minutes in salted water, cover with a lid and set the pot aside. Set aside for 5 minutes, then uncover.
- In a bowl mix the lentils with the quinoa, vegan cream cheese, tomato sauce and spices.
- Stuff your peppers and bake at 180C for 30 minutes.
- Take out and enjoy with a salad or toasted bread.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.