The easiest, summery, juicy tomato pie without eggs and with a 4-ingredient crust.
Is summer without tomatoes possible? I personally love them. I put them everywhere. I even make sauces with the ones I get from the village to have in the freezer all winter.
This time I made my favorite light tomato pie with yogurt crust and whole wheat flour and with a juicy tomato filling that makes it unique.
Inside the tomato pie I also put onion and peppers for even more flavor.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Easy Tomato Pie
for the phyllo
- 150 gr. yogurt
- 250 gr. wholemeal flour
- 75 ml. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
for the filling
- 7 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 green peppers
- 100 gr. feta cheese
- black pepper
- Start by making the crust. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl with a wire whisk or a spoon. Use your hands a little too. Once you have made a ball, leave it covered in the bowl for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile chop all your vegetables. Put the onion in a large pan with a little olive oil. After 4-5 minutes add the tomatoes and peppers. Add salt, oregano and a little pepper. Leave them there, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes. You want all the liquid to be absorbed. Transfer the vegetables to a plate and allow them to cool sufficiently.
- Cut the dough in 2. The one piece that will go under should be larger and the top smaller.
- On a clean surface roll out the bottom crust with a rolling pin. Spread it on a pan.
- Lift the dough up the sides a little with your hands.
- Wipe your vegetables with a piece of kitchen paper so that they are as dry as possible. In a bowl, mix your vegetables with the feta cheese and parsley.
- Pour the mixture onto the bottom crust of your pie. Open with the rolling pin and the second crust and spread it on top carefully. Close the pie by bringing the bottom dough side up. Make a few slits with a knife and put in a preheated oven for 60 minutes at 180C.
- Let your pie cool for 30 minutes before slicing.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.