It's vegan, it's summery and it's also very very tasty in addition to being healthy.
It doesn't take much effort to prepare. All you have to do is boil your rice, mix it with a few more ingredients and stuff your peppers with it. Bake them for 30 minutes and then fill the hot dog bun. Two peppers are enough to fill it.
A vegan yogurt sauce will make the "hot dog" even tastier. Of course you can top it with the classics. Ketchup and mustard and make the perfect, healthy "hot dog" that you can enjoy without regrets.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Cowboy Caviar Salad | Tiktok Trend
Bread with Vegan Feta Sauce, Crispy Chickpeas and Lemon Zest
Crispy Oven Baked Potatoes | From English Pubs
Vegan "Hot Dog" With Stuffed Peppers
- 1/3 cup preboiled raw rice
- 60 gr. vegan feta cheese
- 1 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- olive oil
- 4 red or green peppers
- 2 buns for hot dog
for the vegan yogurt sauce
- 3 tbsp vegan yogurt
- black pepper
- Start by boiling the rice in salted water. Drain it.
- Mix it with the feta cheese, cream cheese, salt, olive oil and parsley.
- Stuff the peppers. Bake for 30 minutes at 180C.
- Stuff the hot dog buns with two peppers each. Pour the yogurt sauce on top and enjoy.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.