These eggplant schnitzels are simply delicious, crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They go perfectly with mashed potatoes, with a potato salad or even in sandwiches with fresh, raw vegetables and a sauce of your choice.
If you are an eggplant lover then these eggplant schnitzels will delight you. If you still don't love it this way you will love it after this recipe. I personally love it just the way it is, but this recipe takes it to the next level.
The basic ingredients you will need to make the perfect eggplant schnitzels are:
sliced eggplant, all-purpose flour (which you can replace with oat flour), almond milk (or milk of your choice), chia seeds or ground flaxseed (if you're not vegan you can replace the milk and chia with one egg).
You will also need breadcrumbs and spices.
If you like this recipe, you can also try one of the following with eggplants as the main ingredient:
- 2 eggplants
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds or flaxseed (if you want)
- 6 tbsp almond milk
- 1,5 cup breadcrumbs
- After cutting the eggplants, salt them and leave them aside for 20 minutes. Then dry them with kitchen paper.
- In a plate pour the flour together with salt and mix.
- In another bowl pour the milk with the chia seeds or flaxseed or plain milk.
- On a third plate, pour the breadcrumbs with salt, oregano, chili and garlic powder. Stir.
- Dip the eggplant slice first in the flour, then in the milk and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- You can either cook the eggplant slices through a non-stick pan for 5-6 minutes before putting them in the oven or bake them directly in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The temperature at which you should bake is 220C.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook ..