A super refreshing, summery, nutrient-dense watermelon milkshake that you can make all summer long with just 3 ingredients (and one extra bonus ingredient).
If you want to enjoy delicious, healthy, frozen milkshakes at home without paying a lot of money for them in cafes, I have the easiest recipe for a watermelon milkshake with only 3 ingredients.
What ingredients will you need?
watermelon which you will clean from the seeds, cut into pieces and put in the freezer in a bag.
milk of your choice (I used almond milk)
sweetener of your choice (I used maple syrup)
The ingredient that is not necessary but will give a lot more nutrients to your milkshake is the zucchini. Zucchini is a vegetable that is tasteless, has a color that won't show up in a milkshake, and has a lot of nutrients. Therefore, by cutting it into pieces and putting it in the freezer, when it's time to make the milkshake, you can add it to it without changing its taste and color at all.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
- 3-4 cup frozen watermelon
- 2 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp sweetener of your choice
- 3/4 cup frozen zucchini (if you want)
- Start by throwing the frozen watermelon into the blender. Add the milk and sweetener and beat well until you have a smooth mixture.
- You will need to mix with a spoon 2-3 times until you get the perfect milkshake. If the watermelon is very cold, wait 6-7 minutes and try again.
- You can add the zucchini and beat well again.
- Divide into 2 glasses and enjoy.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.