There are no crispier and tastier baked potatoes than these. This is exactly how they make them in the pubs of London and below I have all the tips for you to make them in the exact same way.
There are two basic things you need to do for super crispy potatoes.
1. Boil them in salted water for 8-10 minutes after cutting them into bites.
2. Drain them, throw them back in the pot, cover the pot and shake it up and down with passion.
Then bake normally in the oven.
Also very important points in the taste is the addition of coarse salt and rosemary at the end. This is exactly how they make them, after all, in the pubs of London!
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Crispy Oven Baked Potatoes
- 2 potatoes cut into bites
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Start by cutting the potatoes into bites. If they are organic you do not need to clean them. Leave them with the peel.
- Put them in a saucepan with salted water and cook for 8-10 minutes. Drain them and put them back in the pot. Cover the pot and shake vigorously.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, pour the olive oil and put it in the oven. Preheat for 10 minutes. Remove the hot pan from the oven and toss in the potatoes. Salt and bake for 30 minutes at 180 C. Take out every 10 minutes and stir.
- In a bowl, beat with a pestle coarse salt with rosemary.
- Once the potatoes are done, sprinkle with the coarse salt-rosemary mixture and serve.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.