A super summery risotto that has no carbs and you can eat all summer long.
With 245 calories per serving, you can definitely eat a second dish of zucchini risotto or combine it with a slice of toast that.
Tips and Substitutions
Αν δεν είστε vegans μπορείτε να αντικαταστήσετε το γάλα αμυγδάλου με γάλα της επιλογής σας και την διατροφική μαγιά με τυρί κίτρινο τριμμένο της επιλογής σας.
I have made the exact same recipe with cauliflower instead of zucchini, which is ideal in the winter months when cauliflower is at its best.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Zucchini Risotto with Mushrooms
- 4 zucchini
- 300 gr. mushrooms of your choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast or non vegan yellow shredded cheese
- Start by boiling the zucchini bites in salted water. Remove from the pan as soon as they are soft enough to pierce with a fork. The smaller the bites, the faster they will boil.
- Pour the olive oil in a pan or wok. Heat it. Add the mushrooms and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add salt and black pepper. Add the milk and flour. Stir and lower the temperature. Once your "sauce" thickens, add the nutritional yeast. Once melted, add the zucchini after chopping them with a knife and give them the shape of rice.
- Mix to homogenize the ingredients and serve.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.