A dreamy summer sandwich.
It is as delicious as it looks and it is very easy to make. After cooking the aubergines just mix all the ingredients in a bowl, divide the mixture into slices of bread, pour a little yellow cheese on top, bake for a few more minutes and enjoy the perfect summer food.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Open Sandwich with Eggplant and Cheese
- 2 small eggplants
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion
- fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves
- vegan shredded cheese
- olive oil
- Start by piercing the eggplants. Put them in the oven and bake at 180C for about 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Take the eggplants out of the oven, open them in the middle and take it out.
- Add it to the bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Add a little olive oil to your bread and put in the oven for 5 minutes. Take out and spread the eggplant mixture on the bread.
- Pour a little cheese on top and put it back in the oven for 5-7 minutes. Take it out of the oven and enjoy.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.