One of the desserts that I did not particularly like in my childhood was kariokes. Why? I did not like and do not like eating pieces of nuts in my sweets. So, when I decided to make kariokes by myself, I chose not to put any pieces of nuts at all but to put them in grated form.
Ιf you like your nuts in pieces you can just chop them.
If you want to make the perfect kariokes you need simple ingredients.
I have also made a video in my youtube channel.
Find all my sugar free desserts here!
Sugar Free Kariokes
- 50 gr. almond or oat flour
- 200 gr. walnuts (you can also use sugar free biscuits)
- 200 gr. dates
- 20 ml. brandy
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp clove
- 1 salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or vegan butter
- 250 gr. sugar free chocolate
- In a bowl, combine the grated walnuts, brandy, cinnamon, cloves, almond or oatmeal, maple syrup, salt and vegan butter.
- After soaking the dates in water for 10 minutes, peel them under running water. Beat them in the blender with a little water.
- Mix the dates with the walnut mixture. Wearing gloves, mix well with your hands. Set the mixture aside.
- Pour the mixture on a piece of non-stick paper and give it a cylindrical shape. Close well and put it in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Melt the chocolate in a baking pan. Put water in a saucepan and boil it. Put another bowl that can withstand high temperatures on top of the pot and pour in the couverture. There you melt it.
- Take the mixture out of the freezer and with a knife cut vertical slices about 3 cm thick.
- Dip each piece into the chocolate and place on a non-stick paper that you have placed in a baking tray.
- Let your kariokes cool in the fridge for 30 minutes and serve.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.