The easiest, healthiest, tastiest, pizza with a crunchy base is here and is made from red lentils. It is prepared in a few minutes.
This pizza base is very easy to make. Lentils do not need to be boiled to make dough and that is the amazing thing.
All you have to do is soak them in water for a maximum of 1 hour and then beat them in the blender for a few seconds.
What ingredients will you need to prepare the lentil base?
The ingredients you will need are red lentils, water, salt, oregano, smoked paprika and garlic. Nothing else.
After making the base of the pizza, put toppings of your choice on top. Personally I preferred to make it simple with vegan grated yellow cheese, tomato sauce and tomato slices on top.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Red Lentil Pizza Margherita
for the base
- 3/4 cup red lentils
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3/4 tsp salt
for the toppings
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded yellow cheese
- 1/2 tomato
- Start by soaking the lentils in water for 1 hour. Then just add the lentils along with the water to the multi. Add the garlic, salt, paprika and oregano and beat until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 230C. Spread the mixture with a spoon on non-stick paper in a pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes and then turn the base and bake for another 5 minutes on the other side.
- Spread the tomato sauce, cheese and tomato slices on the base and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes before cutting it and enjoy it.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.