Vegan eggplant kebab that will blow your mind. Put them in hot dog buns or eat them with some crispy bread.
These eggplant kebabs are so delicious.
The basic ingredients are eggplants, potato, breadcrumbs (or oat flour), shredded vegan cheese and fava protein Amino Animo that will make your eggplant kebab a complete dish that you will love.
You will make 6 kebabs for 3 portions.
To give to your eggplant kebabs a golden color, you should bake them in a non-stick pan for 2-3 minutes on each side. If you do not care so much for the color then you can just put them in the oven for 20 minutes at 180C. At 10 minutes just turn them over and continue baking.
Because there are many of you who will ask me what you can put in the recipe instead of potato, I have to tell you that potato can be replaced by an egg (if you are not vegans) or by the same amount of pumpkin that will also help to make the mix as solid as needed.
In case you choose to put pumpkin, you should add a few more spices so that your kebab does not tasty sweet.
If you like this recipe then you can try some of the following:
Video you may also want to make:
Vegan Eggplant Kebab
- 2 big eggplants cut in cubes
- 2 garlic cloves (if you want)
- 50 gr. oat flour or breadcrumbs
- 1 scoop fava protein Amino Animo
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese
- 1 small potato
- parsley or dill
- black pepper
- Start by mixing the eggplant and potato in a bowl with a little olive oil, salt and black pepper.
- Bake the eggplant cubes and the diced potato at 180C for about 25 minutes as well.
- Remove from the oven and pour into a bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients. Melt with a fork or with your hands. Form long, narrow kebabs.
- Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Bake your kebab for about 20 minutes. In the middle of the year, turn the kebabs.
- Alternatively you can bake your kebabs in a non-stick pan for 2-3 minutes on each side.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.