They may look quite rustic but these individual vegetable pies are amazing. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside with amazing taste.
These pies are Incredibly crunchy and incredibly tasty.
What did I make the filling with?
My stuffing is made with potato, cabbage, carrot, onion and a little vegan feta which is not even necessary. If you do not want to put it, you can skip it.
The phyllo on the other hand is made with oat flour, coconut oil and water. Of course you can replace coconut oil with vegan butter or regular butter if you are not vegan. You just have to melt it first.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Vegetable Oat Pies
- Start by boiling the potato in water after cutting it into small pieces to boil faster. It will take you 20-25 minutes.
- Pour the olive oil in a non-stick pan. Once the olive oil is hot, add the grated carrot, cabbage and onion. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add salt, black pepper and paprika. Mix well.
- Ρίξτε μέσα την βραστή πατάτα και κλείστε το μάτι. Λιώστε με ειδικό εργαλείο ή ένα πιρούνι. Προσθέστε και την φέτα και ανακατέψτε καλά.
- For the crust mix the oat flour, water, salt, melted coconut oil and sugar substitute in a bowl. Divide into 4.
- Preheat the oven in 200C.
- To open the crust you should use non-stick paper up and down.
- Open an elongated crust. Put about 3 tbsp. stuffing. Open a second sheet of crust and cover the filling. Wrap around with either a fork or your hands.
- Make another individual pie in the same way.
- If you want to decorate with sesame, smear the surface of the pies with coconut oil and pour the sesame on top.
- Put in the oven for 30 minutes and bake at 200C up and down.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.