A complete meal that has it all and is very, very tasty. Homemade bagel with crispy aubergines, vegetables and light sauce that you will love.
Bagels only need 2 ingredients to prepare, the aubergines are baked in the oven in 20-25 minutes and the sauce is made in seconds.
Use any vegetables you want. Personally, I made things very simple and added tomatoes and onions.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Bagel with Eggplants, Veggies and Light Sauce
για τα bagels
- 210 gr. self raising flour
- 245 gr. light yogurt
- 1 tbsp water
for the eggplants
for the sauce
- 1 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1/2 cup vegan yogurt
- 1/2 tsp sriracha sauce
- 1/4 lemon juice
- For the bagels, preheat the oven to 180C. Meanwhile, mix the yogurt with the flour until it forms a ball. Divide the ball into 4 pieces.
- Take a ball and make your bun elongated. Join the beginning to the end and put on non-stick paper in a pan. Do the same with all the bagels.
- Smear them with water or milk or melted butter so that the sesame and poppy seeds can stick. I personally put plain water. Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes. Take them out and let them cool before cutting them horizontally to fill them.
- For the aubergines, take 3 bowls. Put the corn flour in a bowl. Put the almond milk in the second bowl. In the third bowl put the breadcrumbs with the spices.
- Dip each eggplant slice first in the corn flour, then in the almond milk and finally in the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Transfer to non-stick paper in a baking tray and bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 20-25 minutes. In the middle of the year you turn your aubergines to get color on both sides.
- For the sauce, simply mix all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl.
- Open 2 bagels in the middle, spread sauce, put tomato, spring onion, onion on top and put 4-5 eggplants on top. Cover and enjoy the most delicious stuffed bagels.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook ..