There is a way to make the most perfect, juicy orange pie in the fridge without syrup and sugar.
The most important step to take care of and not to miss is to put your orange pie in the fridge. Why? Because it is much much much tastier and you will understand exactly what I mean when you try it.
This particular orange pie is vegan, does not contain eggs, leaf and butter and does not contain olive oil. The "job" of olive oil is done by the almond flour it contains.
Who to make this orange pie?
The basic ingredients are almond flour, corn flour, baking powder, sugar substitute of your choice (which can be monk fruit sugar, coconut sugar, erythritol or whatever you want and like to use) and of course the orange we use.
Therefore, this particular recipe is also a #zerofoodwaste recipe since we use the whole orange together with its peel without throwing anything while we also use the water in which we boil our orange.
If you do not want to use almond flour and want to replace it with regular all-purpose flour then you need to make the following changes to the recipe:
- Instead of 2 cups. almond flour put 1 tbsp. (120 gr.) flour for all uses
- In the stage where you beat the boiled orange with the water, add 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil and beat them all together.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Chocolate Bites Without Sugar | 4 Ingredients
Giant Bisquit with 3 Ingredients
Chocolate Cake for 2 | Sugar Free
Carrot Cake | No Sugar, No Eggs, No Butter
Moisty Orange Pie without Sugar
- 1 whole orange pie
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) from the water that you boiled the orange
- 225 gr. almond flour
- 80 gr. corn flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 150 gr. sugar substitute
- Start by boiling the orange in water for 30 minutes. Drain and keep 80 ml of water aside. Let your orange cool.
- Put it in the blender together with the water. Beat until smooth.
- In a bowl, mix the almond flour with the corn flour, baking powder, salt and sugar substitute. Pour in the orange pulp and mix well.
- Transfer to a baking sheet. Mine is 20 × 20 cm.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C up for 35-40 minutes. Allow your dessert to cool completely before taking it out of the pan and putting it in the fridge.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook ..