Τhe easiest vegan taco salad with the simplest ingredients! This salad will remind you of the fantastic salads you are used to eating in Mexican restaurants.
It is, therefore, healthy, filling and made with red beans, fresh vegetables, minced eggplant-walnuts and an amazing light dressing.
The recipe is also gluten free.
What ingredients will you need to make the most delicious vegan taco salad?
The fresh vegetables I used are lettuce, tomato and spring onions.
Apart from these, I added the classic ingredients of the taco salad such as corn, beans and "minced meat" which in this recipe is vegan and made from a mixture of eggplant and walnuts.
How is the dressing made?
The dressing is basically made of vegan yogurt (if you are not vegans you can use yogurt of your choice) and several spices.
If you liked this salad you can try some of the following too:
Spring Lentil Salad with Walnut Dressing
Easy Mushroom Salad | Ready in 10'
Salad Meal with Orzo, Chickpeas and Roasted Veggies
Vegan Taco Salad
- 1 chopped lettuce
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 chopped eggplant
- 200 gr. cooked red beans
- 3/4 cup corn
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tomato
- tortilla chips (if you want)
for the dressing
- 1/2 cup vegan yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 tbsp apple vinegar
- 1/4 tsp chilli
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- Start by pouring a little olive oil into a wok or non-stick pan. Once warm, add the walnuts and chopped eggplant. Add salt and black pepper and ketchup. Stir.
- Add a little water and cook until the aubergines are soft. Set aside.
- Put the lettuce, corn, tomato, red beans, vegan eggplant-walnut minced meat and spring onion in a bowl.
- To make the dressing just mix in a bowl all the ingredients for the dressing. Add it to the salad and mix well.
- If you want to add tortilla chips you can do it.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook ..