The easiest chocolate cake without sugar is here.
The recipe is very easy, the dessert is delicious and will not fill you with regrets because it has very few calories.
What ingredients will you need for the sugar-free chocolate cake?
You will need all-purpose flour, cocoa, baking powder, vegan butter and water. The sugar substitute I used is the monk fruit sugar that I get from lifetree.gr which has no calories at all and does not alter the taste of the dessert at all.
For the more chocolatey second layer of the dessert I used powdered sugar substitute, cocoa powder and almond milk. The reason I did not just use chocolate is that the chocolate after a while gets thicker and I wanted my second coat to remain juicy even after hours.
All-purpose flour can not be replaced by oat flour, almond flour and coconut flour.
Vegan butter can be replaced by coconut oil. The same goes for almond milk. It can be replaced by another vegan milk or milk of your choice.
If you like this dessert you can also try one of the following:
Quick chocolate cake without sugar
- 50 gr. flour
- 30 gr. monk fruit sugar
- 20 gr. cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 30 gr. vegan butter
- 125 ml. warm water
for the second layer (if you want)
- 30 gr. powdered sugar substitute
- 10 gr. cocoa powder
- 1,5 tbsp almond milk
- Start by mixing the flour with the cocoa and the sugar substitute in a bowl. Add the baking powder. Add the butter and water and mix well.
- Transfer to ramekin tins and bake in a preheated oven on medium grill up and down at 180C for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and wait 5-10 minutes before demoulding.
- In the meantime, prepare the second layer if you wish. In a bowl, mix the icing substitute with the cocoa and milk. Pour over your cakes and enjoy.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.