A dream salad ideal for spring! Full of vegetables, protein and nutrients. This salad-meal with orzo, chickpeas and grilled vegetables will blow you away.
There is nothing better for me, nothing more filling, nothing more delicious than a salad-meal. In fact, the more colors my salad has, the more healthy and nutritious it is. And this salad has it all!
How you will make it?
It takes a little more cooking but you can make the more of it and eat it for two days for sure.
Basically you have to boil the chickpeas (if you do not choose to use canned) and the orzo and roast the vegetables. From the chickpeas that you will boil, you will make some hummus that you will use in your dressing.
What vegetables did I use?
The vegetables I used are: red pepper, zucchini, carrots, cauliflower, onion.
Instead of orzo you can use quinoa or rice and instead of chickpeas you can use lentils or beans.
In place of the cauliflower you can easily put broccoli.
Find the recipe for mu hummus here.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Green Goddess Salad | Tiktok Viral
Asian Salad with Noodles and Carrot Dressing
Salad with couscous, veggies and red pepper sauce
Salad Meal with Orzo, Chickpeas and Roasted Veggies
- 1 cup raw orzo
- 1 red pepper
- 2 carrots
- 1/4 cauliflower
- 1 zucchini
- 1 onion
- 100 gr. boiled chickpeas
- 100 gr. vegan feta cheese
for the dressing
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- Start by spreading all the vegetables in a pan. Bake for 25 minutes at 200C.
- Meanwhile, boil the orzo according to the instructions on the package in salted water.
- Add all the ingredients to a large salad bowl.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients for the dressing. Add the dressing to the salad and mix. Add a little parsley if you want and enjoy your wonderful salad.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.