The juicy, full of nutrients carrot cake can be found here. We make it quite often at home since it is easy and it is delicious.
This recipe is gluten free and full of nutrients. What are its healthy ingredients? Carrot, almond flour, flaxseed with its good fats, olive oil, banana, vegan yogurt and cinnamon.
The almond flour I use in my recipes is from lifetree.gr and you will find it here. The same happens with the monk fruit sugar with 0 calories that you keep asking me where I get it from. And the monk fruit sugar that I have used in this particular recipe is from lifetree.gr and you will also find it here.
Tips and Substitutions
If you have no problem with gluten you can use regular flour for all uses.
If you are not vegans you can use yogurt of your choice instead of vegan coconut yogurt that I used.
In place of the banana you can put apple sauce.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Videos you may also like:
- 53 gr. (1/4) cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup banana
- 60 gr. (1/4 cup) vegan yogurt
- 1 tsp tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp flaxseeds in 3 tbsp water for 10 minutes
- 112 gr. (1 cup) almond flour
- 100 gr. (3/4 cup) gluten free flour
- 1 tsp banking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1,5 tsp cinnamon
- 200 gr. (1 cup) monk fruit sugar
- 2 cup shredded carrot (2 carrots)
- Start by mixing olive oil with melted banana, yogurt, vanilla and flaxseed with water.
- Stir. Then add the almond flour, gluten-free flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, a little salt, monk fruit sugar and grated carrot.
- Mix and transfer the mixture either to a cake tin or to a pan of your choice. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- The carrot cake inside is super juicy and you will love it.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.