Have you ever eaten pea meatballs? If you have not tried them, it's time to do it.
This particular recipe needs only 2 ingredients. The rest of the ingredients I used are optional and you can not use them in your own pea meatballs. However, they definitely make the result much tastier.
The basic ingredients for the easiest pea meatballs are peas and potatoes. Apart from these you will need, of course, some spices to make your meatballs tastier and a little olive oil.
Tips and Substitutions
If you do not want to use the rest ingredients you can just skip them.
If you choose to use them then you can definitely use some nuts instead of breadcrumbs.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Pea Meatballs with 2 ingredients
- Start by boiling your potato. Clean it and cut it into small cubes to boil as fast as possible. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Once the potato is boiled, put it together with the peas in a pan with 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Add the cumin, chili and salt.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the peas are essentially thawed.
- Melt the peas and potatoes with a fork or a mash and set aside until the two mixtures are ready. If you choose not to use them you can simply shape 8 meatballs and bake them in a preheated oven at 180C for 25 minutes.
- Otherwise, if you choose to make the recipe as I did, continue mixing the flour with the water in a bowl. Set aside. In another bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the salt, oregano and turmeric.
- Dip each meatball first in the flour mixture and then in the breadcrumb mixture and place on non-stick paper in a baking tray. Bake as above at 180C for 25 minutes. In the middle of the year, turn your meatballs.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.