A carrot soup with mushrooms that is very good for the stomach and is ideal for people who have a problem with it.
This soup is ideal for spring but also for the cold. I made it these days when I had a problem with my stomach as it contains many elements that do very well and help with it.
Carrot soup with mushrooms contains a lot of easily soluble fiber from the body. In addition, mashing vegetables helps digestion even more. Ginger also helps digestion while mushrooms have anti-inflammatory action.
Tips and Substitutions
If you do not want to use olive oil in your recipe you can avoid it. You will just cook your carrots without olive oil and in the softening of the onion you will use a little water instead of olive oil. You will do the same in cooking mushrooms.
Rice vinegar and mirin can be omitted. Nevertheless, the soup becomes much more delicious and special with them.
If you have a stomach problem, avoid pepper.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Carrot Soup with Mushrooms
- 280 gr. carrots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper (if you want)
- 2 1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
- 2 cup mushrooms
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 onion
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Start by preheating the oven to 200C. Spread the carrots in a pan and bake them in the oven with a little olive oil and salt for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan or wok, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil. Add the onion, ginger and a pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes. Add the carrots after cooking, the mirin and the broth. Once the broth has boiled, lower the temperature, cover and let everything cook for 25-30 minutes.
- In a non-stick pan pour 1 tbsp. olive oil and cook your mushrooms for 5-6 minutes.
- Once your vegetables are cooked, put them in the blender or puree them with a hand blender. Add a little water if you think it is needed. Add the rice vinegar. Add the coconut milk and mix.
- Put the mushrooms in your soup and serve.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.