Pizza with hidden fruits and vegetables which is ideal for children who do not easily eat fruits and vegetables.
Among them is my child who if he sees greenery or any vegetable on his plate, he will not touch it. This has forced me to discover recipes that will have everything I want him to eat hidden.
This pizza is just wonderful. It is very easy, it is ideal for children and adults and although it contains apple on the crust it is salty and delicious.
How to hide fruits and vegetables in pizza
As for vegetables, you can grate on your pizza vegetables that can be grated but also do not raise suspicions, such as cauliflower and eggplant.
Tips and Substitutions
Instead of all-purpose flour you can use spelt flour in your pizza.
Pizza with hidden fruits and vegetables
- 2 1/2 cup (300 gr) flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2-1 cup water
- shredded cauliflower
- shredded eggplant
- tomato sauce
- shredded cheese
- Start by preheating the oven at 200C.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the applesauceStir and then slowly add the water until you get the perfect texture. It should neither be too dry nor sticky.
- Knead until you get the perfect texture for 2-3 minutes.
- Put your dough in the bowl, cover it and set it aside until your oven heats up.
- After 10-15 minutes, divide your dough into 2. This will make two small pizzas. Of course you can also make a big one.
- Now is the time to spread the ingredients of your choice on your dough. Spread tomato sauce, grate some cauliflower on your pizza and some eggplant. Add cheese of your choice and whatever else your child can eat.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes and remove the pizza from the oven. Wait for it to cool a bit and then cut it.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.