Delicious vegan gratin with "stalks" of broccoli and potato. A comford food that everyone will love and will make us feel good because of #zerofoodwaste.
We may be used to throw broccoli stalks but we can get used to it. This recipe utilizes them fully and perfectly and is ideal for a quick, effortless lunch that has a huge taste but minimal calories.
You can remove some potatoes if you want and replace them with zucchini for fewer calories.
In béchamel if you are not vegans you can use milk of your choice and cheese of your choice as well.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Broccoli stalks and potato gratin
- Start by slicing the broccoli stalks and potatoes. Boil in salted water for 10 minutes until slightly softened.
- Transfer to an oven pan. Preheat the oven at 180C.
- For the béchamel pour the olive oil in a saucepan. Once warm, add the flour. Stir and then add the salt, nutmeg and mustard. Slowly add the milk and start stirring.
- Lower the temperature. Once you see that the béchamel thickens, add the cheese and mix until it melts. Pour the béchamel on the baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow the ograten to cool slightly for about 15 minutes and enjoy this perfect #zerofoodwaste food.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.