Couscous with vegetables and red pepper sauce! Just wonderful and ready in 15 minutes!
This salad is the ultimate winter dish you will love to eat. It is light, very easy and takes just 15 minutes to prepare.
Instead of broccoli and mushrooms you can put whatever vegetables you want in your couscous.
If you want you can skip the pepper sauce add another sauce of your choice.
If you like this recipe you can try some of the following:
Salad with couscous, veggies and red pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 cup raw couscous
- 3 cup water
- 4 cup mushrooms of your choice
- 1 onion
- 4 cup broccoli
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- black pepper
- red pepper
for the red pepper sauce
- 170 gr. roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Start by pouring olive oil into a saucepan or wok.
- As soon as it gets warm, add the onion. Saute for 2-3 minutes and add the mushrooms and broccoli.
- Once they soften slightly, add the water and the couscous. Add the spices. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes. Taste it and cook for a while more if you think you need it.
- Set aside, cover with a towel and lid and leave for another 10 minutes. Serve with pepper sauce.
- To make the pepper sauce, simply beat all the ingredients in the multi. Add a little water spoon by spoon until you reach the texture you prefer.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.