Today I cooked with what my sister Eleni had in her fridge. The only things I carried from my house were the vegan cheeses and the heavenly spaghetti with beets by Melissa.
The result… divine and of course everyone liked it. And I gave a quick lesson to my sister showing her that with what she has in her fridge she can make a super healthy, incredibly tasty and crazy easy meal for her and her boyfriend. Of course I ate my portion too before relaxing on the couch to write the recipe here for all of you.
Baked pasta with vegetables and vegan cheeses! What vegetables did I use? Leek, onion, garlic, carrot, some cherry tomatoes and spinach. As for the cheeses, I chose to put a piece of vegan feta cheese and a piece of yellow vegan cheese.
Tips and Substitutions
Instead of vegan cheeses you can use regular cheeses.
Open your fridge and put whatever vegetables you have in your pan. As long as they want more or less the same baking time. If you use spinach, add it raw at the end and mix with your pasta.
If you like this recipe then you can find some more here and try them:
Oven Baked Pasta with Veggies and Vegan Cheeses
- 340 gr. spaghetti
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 leeks
- 2 carrots
- some cherry tomatoes
- 150 gr. vegan feta cheese
- 150 gr. vegan yellow cheese
- olive oil
- 2 handfulls of spinach
- Boil your pasta in salted boiled water according to the instructions on the package. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the two pieces of cheese in the middle of your pan and toss the vegetables around. Bake at 180C for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Mix with the cheeses. Add the spinach. Add the pasta and mix.
- Serve hot.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.