Vegan butter croissants without sugar and with low calories. What else?
They are just wonderful and if you do not achieve the perfect shape at once, it does not matter at all.
Tips and Substitutions
If you are not vegans then you can use milk of your choice and butter of your choice (even light).
Fill your croissants with whatever you want, with chocolate, jam or just have them as they are.
If you like this recipe then you can find some more ideal for breakfast here:
- 350 gr. flour
- 12 gr. instant yeast
- 100 gr. vegan butter in room temperature
- 125 gr. almond or soy milk
- 7 gr. salt
- 25 gr. sugar substitute of your choice
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Start by pouring 1/4 of the flour together with the water and the yeast. Leave for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the remaining flour (except for 50 g), salt, sugar substitute and milk. Add the bowl of yeast. Add the butter. Mix and knead well. If you think that your dough sticks, add another 50 gr flour. You do not want your dough to be sticky.
- The important thing in croissants is the measurement of the dough. You want to make triangles 15x15x10 cm. Wrap the triangle starting from the side 10 cm to the corner. Leave your croissants in a warm place covered for 1 hour. Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for 10-12 minutes.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook ..