A vegan lemon cake with pistachios that will blow your mind.
This cake is butter free and egg free and is very easy to be made.
Instead of icing, you can cover your cake with melted chocolate.
You can use wholemeal flour instead of all-purpose white flour. Your cake will just come out more "bready".
As it does not contain eggs, do not try to remove it from its mold before it has cooled completely. Otherwise it can be dissolved.
You can keep it out of the fridge in an airtight container that closes well for 4-5 days.
If you like this cake then you can find some more sugar free recipes here:
Lemon Cake With Pistachios | Sugar Free
- 1/2 cup water
- 72 gr. (5 tbsp) olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 100 gr. pistachios
- lemon zest of 2 lemons
- 220 gr. flour
- 200 gr. sugar substitute
- 2 tsp baking powder
για το γλάσο
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cup powder sugar (substitute)
- Start by preheating the oven to 160C.
- In a bowl, mix the pistachios (after first beating them in the blender and keep 1 tbsp for serving), the lemon zest, the flour, the sugar substitute, the baking powder, the salt.
- In another bowl, mix the water, the olive oil, 2 tbsp lemon. Pour the liquids into the solids and mix lightly. Do not overdo it with the mixing.
- Grease your mold well or put non-stick paper.
- Pour in the mixture. Bake for 50-55 minutes. See if your cake is ready by piercing it with a knife. If the knife comes out clean then the cake is ready.
- Take it out and let it cool completely before unmolding it. Take it out of the mold and let it cool well before putting the icing on it.
- For the icing, mix the icing substitute in a bowl with 3 tbsp lemon juice. See if you need a little more lemon. Pour the icing on your cake and sprinkle with the grated pistachios that you kept. Let it dry for about 30 minutes. Cut and enjoy.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook here.