Masala beans with sweet potatoes boiled in orange juice. The combination is great and if you have not tried it, you should do it.
This recipe is not made with unnecessary oils, it is super healthy and full of flavor and wonderful combinations.
It is vegan, does not contain gluten and does not contain soy. This is an incredibly simple recipe that is worth trying.
If you like this detox recipe, here are some more:
Lemon Detox Chickpea Orzo Soup
Thai Quinoa Salad with Peanut Sauce
Masala beans with sweet potatoes
A wonderful tasty combination that is worth trying.
for the beans
- 3/4 cup raw white beans
- 1,5-2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garam masala (if you want)
for the sweet potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 tsp garam masala (if you want)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- black pepper
- Start soaking the beans for at least 6 hours. Strain them, put them in a saucepan with water and boil them until they soften for about 1-1.5 hours.
- In a saucepan pour 1/4 cup. vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Add the onion, garlic and all the spices for the beans and sauté until the onions are soft.
- Add the tomato, turmeric, paprika, cayenne pepper and garam masala. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and 2 tbsp. water from boiling beans. If you have not kept you can put vegetable broth. Boil on low heat for 10 minutes. Add salt and set aside.
- Put the vegetable broth and sweet potatoes in a wok or non-stick pan. Once they get a boil add the orange juice, garam masala and black pepper. Mix and cover. Cook for 10-12 minutes. If you save water, add a little more.
- Add salt and set aside.
- Serve your beans with the sweet potatoes.
Did you try this recipe too?
Upload a photo on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) so I can see it too or send me a photo on Facebook ..