Who doesn't love a good skepasti. Personally I love it but it's pretty hard to find a vegan skepasti here in Greece.
That's why I decided to make it at home in a lighter and healthier version.
How many calories skepasti has? 1200 calories! So I made it with 418 calories. And it's delicious.
If you liked this recipes you can also make:
Crispy onion burger | Vegan and light
Mushroom burger | Ready in 5-10 minutes
Instead of broccoli and cauliflower you can use mushrooms or any other roasted vegetables.
The main secret for a lighter skepasti is the use of one pita bread instead of two.
The lightest and super delicious homemade skepasti.
- 2 2 big pitas for souvlaki
- 4 slices of vegan cheese or vegan shredded cheese
- 400 gr. cauliflower or broccoli or mushrooms
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tomato
for the sauce
- 2 tbsp vegan mayo
- 1 tsp ketchup
- Start by cutting horizontally the pita.
- Smear each pita on the outside with olive oil. Inside put the cheese, vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms) and onion. Cover the pies with each other and bake in the toaster for a few minutes.
- Open the pies and put the tomato and the sauce and cover. Cut into 4 and enjoy the lightest, vegan greek skepasti.
Do not forget, if you make any of my recipes, to upload it on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) or DM me your photos in Facebook or Instagram.