Αυτό το ζεστό, σούπερ χειμωνιάτικο και νόστιμο dahl φακής με γάλα καρύδας είναι το τέλειο γεύμα για εσάς που είστε vegan αλλά και για όσους από εσάς δεν είστε vegan.
Why do I love this recipe?
Because it reminds me of indian tastes
It is an easy but delicious dish that I can eat every day (especially in autumn and winter)
You can serve lentil dahl as a main meal with some basmati rice or baked potatoes.
The basic ingredients you will need are:
lentils (if you use red lentils you will have your food ready faster sincered lentils boil much faster than the well-known brown lentils)
canned coconut milk (do not use refrigerated coconut milk in supermarkets. This recipe need canned coconut milk).
If you like this recipe then you can find some more lentil recipes here:
How do you store lentil dahl?
You can store the dahl you have left in a taper that closes airtight in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
You can also put it in the freezer where it can stay for up to 6 months.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- a little ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4-5 cup water
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 coconut milk
- 1,5 cup raw lentils
- 1/4 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander (if desired)
- a little parsley for serving
- Start by heating the olive oil in a pan. Add the onion, garlic, ginger, salt and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, turmeric, paprika, pepper and cook for another minute.
- Add the water, tomato paste and coconut milk and mix.
- Add the lentils, lower the temperature and cover with a lid. Let the lentils boil for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the coriander and lime. Set aside for 10 minutes and then serve with rice.
Do not forget, if you make any of my recipes, to upload it on Instagram and tag me (@emilyvagia) or DM me your photos in Facebook or Instagram.